Custom Enterprise Software: Cloud Application Development
Delivering ROI from investments in cloud applications requires a different approach to custom enterprise cloud application development. Companies attempting to migrate single-tenant, on-premise apps and to virtual machine environments will encounter a variety of challenges.
Unlike traditional applications, native cloud applications must exhibit certain properties:
- True multi-tenancy to support varying end-user requirements
- Support for virtualization technology
- Distinct state and code to avoid application session interruption
- Ability to run on shared infrastructure with fluctuating availability
- Built-in failure awareness to take appropriate measures during server downtime